Hyatt Regency Orlando, FL | April 17–18, 2019
How Can Healthcare Companies Improve Demand Planning?
Ensuring medical products are available when they’re needed – during the regular cycles of patient care and during demand spikes caused by epidemics or natural disasters – requires visibility across the supply chain. This unique new working conference brings manufacturers, distributors, group purchasing organizations, and providers together to discuss how all trading partners can work together better to ensure product availability and improve forecasting. Speakers and participants will discuss best practices to improve supply chain visibility and reduce both inventory overruns and shortages.
Why Healthcare Executives Say Visibility Is Critical
What one improvement would you most like to see to increase efficiency across the end-to-end healthcare supply chain?*
- Improved supply chain collaboration/information-sharing and the use of predictive analytics to have the right products in the right places for the greatest impact on patient care. (Senior VP, Healthcare Manufacturer)
- A shared model of forecasting/replenishment from end-to-end would provide us with huge gains. (VP Supply Chain, IDN)
- One thing that would help is better visibility into inventory levels throughout the supply chain--from manufacturer to distributor to end user. (VP, Healthcare Manufacturer)
- More visibility/transparency in reporting of products through the supply chain from distributor to end user would result in lower costs for all. (CEO, Healthcare Manufacturer)
- A system based on demand (true consumption), not order history, with end-to-end visibility would reduce obsolescence. (VP Supply Chain, IDN)
*Responses from a 2018 HIDA survey.
- What true “visibility” in the healthcare supply chain requires from trading partners, and how it impacts total costs for all stakeholders
- How to improve demand signals so manufacturers receive the information required to produce the product quantities that are needed, without waste or shortages
- What supply chain partners must do to prepare for and respond to hurricanes and public health events
- Why it’s critical to gain better real-time understanding of consumption, expirations, back orders, and other factors impacting demand, and how to do it
Who Should Attend
- Supply chain professionals, demand planners and forecasters, operations leaders, inventory management professionals, S&OP professionals, strategic/national accounts leaders
- Manufacturers, distributors, health system supply chain leaders, group purchasing organizations (GPOs), and IT/solutions providers
- Anyone else interested in improving demand visibility, forecasting, and inventory availability in the healthcare supply chain
- Connect with other professionals facing the same visibility and inventory availability challenges you are
- Share ideas and experiences on what’s working and what’s not
- Guide a new industry initiative to increase visibility and reduce shortages, disruptions, and waste in the supply chain
- Network with healthcare provider leaders and supply chain partners
- Take home ideas for improving your company’s supply chain practices