Tuesday, February 8, 2022
You're in for a big day, so be sure to arrive in time to meet new friends and enjoy the breakfast buffet.
What's Ahead For Group Purchasing And Contracting?
In the conference’s opening session, get a macro view of the healthcare purchasing landscape. You’ll hear from a national accounts veteran and gain insights on trends and changes likely to be coming your way, including:
- The pandemic’s impact on purchasing and contracting strategies: what will stick, and what won’t
- Group purchasing’s continued expansion into new segments
- Trends in local, regional, and national sourcing and contracting
- Shifting relationships and roles between GPOs and IDNs
- Likely new contract provisions fueled by demands for resiliency and sustainability
Maria Hames, Partner, Healthcare Links
Pricing Accuracy: Are You Ready?
The road to adopting the industry’s contract administration standards can seem daunting. To make the journey more manageable, the Pricing Accuracy Steering Committee has worked to clarify the most important elements that make an organization “HIDA Ready.” This session will help conference participants focus on mission-critical processes including:
Frank Milon, Director of Contracts and Rebates, NDC, Inc.
- GPO roster maintenance
- Use of EDI formats or standard CSV equivalents for communication pricing and chargeback information
- 45 days’ pricing notification to distributors
- Use of standard third-party customer identifiers
Member, Pricing Accuracy Steering Committee
Roundtable conversations are one of the most popular elements of the Contract Administration Conference. At your table, you’ll meet participants from all segments of the supply chain, including manufacturers, distributors, GPO leaders, and healthcare providers, and share perspectives on common challenges. During this first roundtable discussion, meet your fellow participants, and discuss the barriers that get in the way of pricing accuracy and contract management efficiency.
Creating Smarter Contracts: The First Step to Pricing Accuracy
Most contract administration professionals’ work begins after the contract is signed. But what’s in the contract itself is critical to success. In this session, gain insights into how better contract creation practices can avert common pricing disputes and errors – and improve customer experience. You’ll learn:
Susan Wolski, Director, Contracts and Activation, Cardinal Health
- The downsides of complex contract features, such as “and/or” phrases, excessive tiers, and vague provisions
- Elements of clear contracts that pave the way for accurate contract loading, invoicing, and contract administration
- Recommendations for working with your counterparts in other departments to improve contracting practices
Case Study: Creating Efficiencies By Automating And Centralizing the RFP Process
In this session, hear how implementing a solution to automate the RFP process and centralize RFP documentation alleviated day-to-day pain points and freed resources to focus on higher impact activities. Learn how the solution resulted in:
- Increased output without increased headcount
- Better collaboration and automation
- Improved accuracy and consistency
Tyler Click, Director, Corporate Contracts, CONMED Corporation
Table Discussions: Contact Creation
Compare ideas with your fellow participants on ways to improve contract administration by starting with smarter, better-written contracts.
Lunch And Visits With Tech Solutions Exhibitors
Choose the breakout session most appropriate to your responsibilities:
- Managing “Ship-to / Sold-to” Challenges
- Writing Supportable Contracts: Locals And Aggregation Groups
- Leveraging Third-party Identifiers To Improve Customer Identification: What Works and What Doesn’t
- Tracking And Reducing Chargeback Errors
Best Practices for Maintaining GPO Memberships
Effective GPO membership management improves the end to end sales process – from helping to ensure that the right prices that are loaded on the front end, to enabling admin fee reporting on the back end. In this session, gain ideas for overcoming common challenges in maintaining membership information for both national and regional GPOs.
Bryan Winkler, Senior Director, Distributor Operations and Implementation, Provista
- The basics: how to create a hygienic membership process, rostering correctly by COT, etc.
- Challenges to membership automation and how they impact pricing accuracy
- Small steps toward ‘self-automation’ to handle rosters consistently
- Strategies for simplifying the price notification process between channel partners
The Trials And Tribulations of LOCs And Price Tiers
Practices for administering LOCs and price tier adjustments vary from company to company, but the pain points affect organizations of all sizes. In this session, we’ll discuss common challenges to managing LOCs and identify effective ways to prevent price tier discrepancies.
- Tier 1: Simple to handle, right? Actually, it can create a mountain of e-paperwork depending on how you structure it.
- Price alignment across channel partners: find out how to improve coordination and avoid common headaches.
- Not working with advanced automation? Get tips for simplifying the price notification process using the tools you have.
Beth Crippen, Independent Contract And Pricing Operations Consultant
GPO Admin Fees: Using The New Tool To Make Reporting Simpler
Tech Solutions - 5 Ideas in 30 Minutes
Automated processes are the key to contract administration efficiency. In this session, hear from technology providers and get a quick look (think “Shark Tank”) at the solutions they offer.
Tech Solutions Exhibits With Wine & Cheese
Network with fellow attendees and sponsors before heading out for dinner.
5:30pm » ET
Free Evening For Networking Dinners
The evening is open, so grab some new friends and explore lovely Bonita Springs.