Evaluating Self-Distribution: A Guide for Healthcare Executives
Medical products distributors are healthcare's partners and supply chain experts who help support patient care, manage costs, and ensure efficient access to essential products. Distributors are a convenient single point of contact for the procurement of healthcare products and they make certain that medical supplies reach the nation's diverse healthcare providers reliably, rapidly – every day
Self-distribution is a decision made by some hospitals and delivery networks in an effort to control costs. HIDA has prepared a guide comparing the value of distribution to self-distribution.
Read the white paper: Evaluating Self-Distribution Guide (pdf), View slides: download supporting slides (ppt)
Who They Help:
Medical products distributors serve all types of healthcare providers from hospitals and physician offices to nursing homes, clinics, and other sites of care throughout the country.
What They Do:
- Reduce the number of vendor transactions in the healthcare supply chain
- Deliver medical products quickly and reliably
- Respond to healthcare provider questions
- Share expertise on healthcare supply and logistics issues
- Mitigate "minimum order" requirements for healthcare providers
- Build relationships with healthcare facilities and caregivers
- Serve as a tracking and audit point for transactions
- Promote environmental conservation through fuel conservation and recycling
For more information about the value of distribution across the healthcare industry, visit www.StreamliningHealthcare.org.