Key Takeaways: Wound Care ShareGroup
Facilitator: Meghan Clarke
National Sales Director, Advanced Wound Care, Chronic
Learn from the healthcare distributor and manufacturer leaders who gathered to discuss pain points, top trends in wound care category and what it takes to form a successful distributor-manufacturer relationship.
- The data from Clarivate shows there is a trend coming out of Covid towards an increase in surgical procedures. In particular, with this increase there is also an increase in wound care products such as sutures, bandages, and dressings.
- Changes in outcome based reimbursement continues to be prevalent and a continued focus for facilities. The goal is to change mindset towards prevention vs. reactionary when treating wounds.
- Preventative care is crucial for patient care via education, using products such as support surfaces, and staying up-to-date with new technologies to train staff members.
- The relationship between manufacturers and distributors can be strengthened through constant communication, new product introductions, and overall collaboration. Interaction on a consistent basis and a relationship that is mutually beneficial is key.
- Technology is ever evolving, and there are new technologies with supply chain tools that can make collaboration between manufacturer and distributor even more efficient (fill rate data, understanding inventory on hand, and SKU level information).
Learn more about HIDA ShareGroups here.