Tangible Deliverables Are Important
SNS and its commercial partners have put in many hours face-to-face to cement this partnership. While the intangible positive impact of these partnerships is great, the tangible results have been important to keep engagement high and demonstrate value of the partnership.
The Anthrax Playbook
The SNS produced the SNS Commercial Partner Playbook: Anthrax Response to provide important information to commercial medical supply chain partners about anthrax and SNS medical countermeasure distribution operations in the event of an inhalational anthrax
incident. The playbook provides an overview of:
- The disease and associated symptoms
- Mechanisms for detection
- Proactive response actions
- Medical countermeasure requirements
- Response scenario example
- High-demand industry-specific medical products potentially needed to support a mass anthrax incident
- Federal response activities and actions that may be initiated to support public health
- Medical response efforts during an intentional anthrax emergency
The playbook is designed to help private partners better plan for and adjust their supply chain and inventory prior to and during a public health emergency requiring medical countermeasures from the SNS. This playbook is neither a document for procurement nor solicitation and is solely intended to support response preparedness activities. Periodic updates to this document will be made to reflect evolving changes to the strategic and operational environment.
HIDA Mapping Tool*
The HIDA mapping tool creates opportunity for close public and private collaboration and coordination to respond to a public health event. The tool provides federal partners at ASPR the physical locations of commercial distribution partners and national aggregated data for IV solution products and more than 40 types of clinically appropriate needle/syringe product identified and validated with the SNS.
Accompanying the product inventory are education reports to provide additional market insights that will assist federal partners in understanding the commercial market information.
* Funding and support for the HIDA mapping tool was provided by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, National Protection and Programs Directorate, Office of Infrastructure Protection, through the National Infrastructure Protection Program Security & Resilience Challenge, which is implemented by the National Institute for Homeland Security (NIHS).