2020 Personal Protective Equipment Market Report
HIDA’s Personal Protective Equipment Market Report analyzes factors contributing to heightened demand for PPE during the COVID-19 pandemic and demonstrates why healthcare providers recognize distributors as trusted partners. This new report also highlights a framework proposed by HIDA to create a more robust pandemic response infrastructure across the nation.
- Spending on PPE is forecast to nearly triple by 2027
- Distributors delivered 60 billion units of pandemic-related supplies in the first half of 2020 to help healthcare providers, a 15% increase over the same time period in 2019
- Demand for N95 respirators will continue to grow more than 5% per year through 2024
- Increased demand and limited manufacturing capacity are combining to create a predicted 37% shortfall in nitrile gloves in 2021
- Raw material shortage used in making isolation gowns will continue to impact prices