December 10, 2020
Biden Transition: Healthcare Nominations and Appointments
President-elect Joe Biden this week announced key nominations and appointments to his health team, including:
- Xavier Becerra for Secretary of Health and Human Services;
- Dr. Vivek Murthy for Surgeon General
- Dr. Rochelle Walensky for Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Dr. Marcella Nunez-Smith for COVID-19 Equity Task Force Chair
- Dr. Anthony Fauci for Chief Medical Advisor to the President on COVID-19 and will also continue in his role as Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Jeff Zients for Coordinator of the COVID-19 Response and Counselor to the President
HIDA’s latest Political Insights provides an overview of the respective nominee and appointee backgrounds.
Click here to view HIDA’s latest Political Insights document.