Independent Distributors Council Meeting Takeaways
Email Marketing: Your Company’s 24/7 Sales Team
July 18, 2018
Fifteen leaders from HIDA’s Independent Distributors Council attended a webinar with marketing gurus Jan Beery and Rebecca DiGiaimo from KBK Communications to discuss ways to maximize their e-mail marketing strategies. Here are the top four takeaways:
#1 Email marketing is an extension of your sales team, working 24/7
- You can use a strategically crafted email marketing campaign to nurture leads and bring them to a sales qualifying stage, even during your off hours.
#2 Never purchase email lists!
- Your contact lists must be earned, not purchased. If you use purchased email lists, your IP address can be blacklisted.
- Existing leads you’ve generated via tradeshows, networking and the “contact us” function on your website are considered earned lists.
#3 Grab your customers’ attention with timely, valuable content
- E-newsletters, blog post teasers, and product updates are some of the content ideas you can use to position your business as a resource to your customers.
- You can source content from HIDA’s Daily Clips newsletter and Google Alerts for news.
- If you have a blog, use a subscribe button to gather leads. As you nurture that lead, you can obtain more information.
#4 Email marketing can streamline your customer service processes
- Email marketing can automate your service-based functions and improve the customer experience. You can automate existing processes such as: customer onboarding, FAQs, e-commerce navigation, and GPO access.
- Cart abandonment reminder emails can help your company bring back 25% of lost revenue.
Next Meeting: The Independent Distributors Summit at the Streamlining Healthcare Expo and Business Exchange, Tuesday, September 25. The topic will be on e-commerce. More details to follow.