May 23, 2014
HIDA Releases Summary of the FY 2015 SNF Proposed Rule
The HIDA Government Affairs team has prepared a summary of important policy takeaways after reviewing the CMS FY 2015 SNF Proposed Rule.
In the summary, HIDA explains that the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is proposing that skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) will receive, on average, a 2.0% increase in Medicare Part A payment rates under the proposed annual SNF payment regulation. CMS estimates that payments to SNFs in FY 2015 will increase in aggregate by $750 million from FY 2014 payment rates. Other key highlights from the proposed rule include:
- Revising the SNF prospective payment system wage index update
- Incorporating a revision to the Change of Therapy (COT) Other Medicare Required Assessment (OMRA)
- Revising the Civil Money Penalties regulations for SNFs
- Request for public comment on services to exclude from consolidated billing
- Request for public comment on CMS' observations on therapy trends
- Request for public comment on how to accelerate adoption of EHR in SNFs
Please contact HIDA Government Affairs if you have any questions, HIDAGovAffairs@HIDA.org or 703-838-6133.