Demand for Post-Acute Care Is Exploding
Payment and consumer trends push care closer to the home.
Join provider, distributor, and manufacturer leaders in Chicago to discuss trends impacting home health agencies, nursing homes, assisted living, hospices, and more.
Post-Acute Channel Strategies Conference Highlights:
- Shifting Settings for Care: How will markets evolve as new healthcare policies push more care out of the hospital and closer to the home?
- New Decision-Makers: Who will make the purchasing decisions, and how will their decision-making criteria evolve amid reimbursement changes?
- New Expectations: How are provider needs changing as value-based payment models take hold? And how are consumer expectations impacting post-acute care?
- Manufacturer-Distributor Relationships: How do supply chain partners work together to drive sales in a fragmented market?
Back to Top ↑
Who Should Attend
- Leaders from healthcare manufacturers, distributors, group purchasing organizations, home care companies, and service providers
- Owners, CEOs, sales executives, category managers, marketing leaders, and anyone else responsible for growing business in the post-acute market
“An excellent learning experience for new and seasoned healthcare professionals. A breadth of insights and many great stakeholders to network with.”
– Rob Russell, McKesson
“Excellent conference with pertinent information.”
– Laura Reline, NDC
“Great forum for staying current on the latest trends plus what’s next.”
– Bryan Bowman, Nestle Health Science
Back to Top ↑
Tuesday Agenda – May 1, 2018 | Wednesday ↓ * Agenda subject to change.
Post-Acute Advisory Council Meeting • 7:00am–Noon
Council members only
Conference Welcome and Objectives • 1:30–1:45pm
Post-Acute Provider Outlook for 2018: Trends, Forecasts, and Opportunities • 1:45–2:30pm
Jared Landis, Post-Acute Care Collaborative
The Advisory Board Company
• National spokesperson for The Advisory Board Company
• Expert in post-acute market trends, post-discharge care management initiatives, referral development strategy, and provider outreach methods
Changes and Challenges Impacting the Skilled Nursing Facilities Segment • 2:30–3:00pm
Mary Moscato, President
Hebrew SeniorLife Health Care Services and Hebrew Rehabilitation Center
• Recognized nationally for her advocacy role regarding the impact on federal policy for specialty hospitals and community-based programs
• Hebrew SeniorLife Health Care Services and Hebrew Rehabilitation Centers is one of the largest employers in Massachusetts, with nine Boston area campuses and communities
Trends Impacting Home Health Providers • 3:00-3:30pm
Kimber Walters, Executive Director, Healthy@Home
Carolinas Healthcare System
• Top challenges for providers
• Impact of changing demographics on consumer/patient expectations
• Increasing regulatory and reimbursement pressures
Reimbursement and Regulatory Trends Impacting Post-Acute Providers • 4:00-4:30pm
Strategic planning, policy advice, and operations analysis for post-acute care providers
Panel Discussion with Afternoon Speakers • 4:30–5:00pm
Networking Reception • 5:00–7:00pm
"This is my third post-acute care conference and each one has been better than the last. Very on point."
– Charlie Simpson, Medical Supplies Depot
Back to Top ↑
Wednesday Agenda – May 2, 2018 | * Agenda subject to change.
Networking Breakfast • 7:00–8:00am
Medicaid Trends Impacting Post-Acute Providers • 8:00-8:30am
Linda Rouse O’Neill, Vice President of Government Affairs
Health Industry Distributors Association
Distribution to the Home: Trends and Challenges • 8:30–9:30am
Doug Harper, President, Homecare Division
• National full-line home healthcare wholesaler
• Recently acquired Dedicated Distribution, focused on serving HME suppliers
Perry Bernocchi, COO (Invited)
• National leader in disposable medical supply delivery
• In 2017, acquired by Owens & Minor to expand the organization’s ability to serve the continuum of care into the patient’s home
Post-Acute Channel Partnerships • 9:45–11:30am
Deborah Haywood, VP Sales & Strategic Development Extended Care
• Serves skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, home health agencies, hospices, HME suppliers, and other post-acute providers
• Offers solutions ranging from advanced wound care and incontinence to housekeeping, as well as clinical and business resources
Keith Crawford, Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer
Medical Specialties Distributors (MSD)
• Leading post-acute services solutions provider serving home infusion, HME, and oncology markets
• Portfolio brands include First Choice Medical Supply servicing skilled nursing facilities and other post-acute providers
Post-Acute Market Insights: Helping Your Customers Succeed In the Coming Year • 11:30-11:45am
Conference Wrap-up • 11:45am–Noon
Seminar Facilitator: Elizabeth Hilla
- Sr. Vice President, Health Industry Distributors Association
- Executive Director, HIDA Educational Foundation
- 30+ year veteran of the healthcare distribution industry
Back to Top ↑