Download print version (PDF)
March 4, 2013
HIDA Executive Conference Offers
Insights Into Customer Needs
Through Provider Focus Groups
Alexandria, Va. – Peter Carmel, M.D., practicing pediatric neurosurgeon and past president of the American Medical Association (AMA), will head up a group of healthcare providers offering candid insights on their changing world at next week’s HIDA Executive Conference.
Provider “focus groups” are a new feature at this year’s conference, March 12-15, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. Focus group participants include:
Physician Focus Group
- Peter Carmel, M.D., Past President, American Medical Association, Chicago, Ill. Dr. Carmel extensively worked to ensure sustainable physician practices result in better health outcomes for patients.
- Ryan Champlin, Vice President, Cook Children’s Health Services, Inc., Fort Worth, TX. Champlin is an experienced manager of more than 350 providers performing more than one million outpatient procedures per year. Cook Children’s operates more than 60 pediatric medical and specialty clinics throughout Texas.
- Tom Schwieterman, M.D., Medical Director, Midmark, and board certified family practitioner, Versailles, Ohio. Dr. Schwieterman specializes in breakthrough technologies with a focus on optimal ways health information technology can improve provider efficiency and patient outcomes.
Acute Care Focus Group
- Mark Doyle, Chief Financial Officer, St. Vincent’s HealthCare, Jacksonville, Fla. Doyle’s responsibilities include reimbursement management, financial analytics, and decision support for one of Jacksonville’s first hospitals, which has grown to include more than 800 beds.
- Edward Bonetti, Director, Supply Chain Operations, Lifespan Corporation, Providence, R.I. Bonetti oversees purchasing decisions for Rhode Island’s first health system, which includes more than 1,100 licensed beds and total operating revenues of more than $1.6 billion.
- Steve Pohlman, Director, Materials Management, Akron General Health System, Akron, OH. Pohlman is responsible for supply chain decisions affecting more than 26,000 admitted patients and more than 27,000 surgical procedures each year.
Long-Term Care Focus Group
- Vonda Hollingsworth, Administrator, Health Services, Pennybyrn at Maryfield, High Point, N.C. Hollingsworth manages healthcare services for Pennybyrn at Maryfield, a large, rural continuing care retirement community offering independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing care services.
- Tom DeMarcey, Purchasing Director, Camden Place Health and Rehab, Greensboro, N.C. DeMarcey makes purchasing decisions for Camden Place’s four separate nursing wings and short-term rehabilitation center.
- Rosemary Price, Purchasing, Commonwealth Care, Roanoke, Va. Price is the supply chain decision-maker for nine long-term care facilities located throughout Virginia.
Find out more information or register for the HIDA Executive Conference on the HIDA website Executive Conference pages.
Amy Lee, 202-280-8816
The Health Industry Distributors Association (HIDA) is the premier trade association representing medical products distribution. HIDA members primarily serve the nation’s hospital, long term care, and physician/alternate care markets. For more information, visit www.HIDA.org or www.streamlininghealthcare.org.