May 27, 2014
HIDA Releases Summary of the FY 2015 IPPS Proposed Rule
The HIDA Government Affairs team has prepared a summary of important policy takeaways after reviewing the CMS FY 2015 Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) Proposed Rule.
In the summary, HIDA explains that the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is proposing that hospitals receive a 1.3% increase in payment rates under the proposed annual IPPS payment regulation. Other key highlights from the proposed rule include:
- 3% maximum penalty proposed for excessive readmissions for FY 2015
- 1 new readmissions measure for FY 2017
- Revising the Civil Money Penalties regulations for SNFs
- 3 new measures for FY 2017 for VBP
- 1 new measure for FY 2019 for VBP
- Reweighting of infections for FY 2016
- Reminds hospitals to make public a list of standard charges per the ACA
Please contact HIDA Government Affairs if you have any questions, HIDAGovAffairs@HIDA.org or 703-838-6133.