July 24, 2014
HIDA Summarizes CY2015 Hospital OPPS & ASC Proposed Rules
The HIDA Government Affairs team has reviewed the CY 2015 Prospective Payment System proposed rules from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and outlined the important policy takeaways in two new HIDA Summaries: Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) summary and Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASC) summary.
In the OPPS summary, HIDA explains that the CMS is proposing that hospital outpatient facilities will receive a 1.7% increase in Medicare reimbursement in CY 2015. Key highlights include:
- Proposed changes to the comprehensive Ambulatory Payment Classification (APC) groups
- One new measure to the Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting (OQR) Program in CY 2017
- Three measures retired for CY 2016
- Ancillary services of $100 or less packaged together
In the ASC summary, HIDA notes that CMS expects ASCs to receive an overall 1.2% increase in reimbursement payment rates for CY 2015. Key highlights include:
- One new measure for the ASC Quality Reporting Program for CY 2017
- ASCs that fail to meet ASCQR Program reporting requirements will receive a 2% reduction to their Medicare reimbursement
CMS is expected to finalize these rules in September, 2014.
Please contact HIDA Government Affairs if you have any questions, email@example.com or (703) 549-4432.