Ownership of Copyrights, Trademarks and Other Intellectual Property
The entire contents of the Website, including the text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, HTML code, and other "material" are copyrighted by HIDA under the copyright laws of the United States. User agrees not to remove or obscure copyright notices appearing on the Website. HIDA grants no copyright or ownership interests to User for any of the material and proprietary information referred to herein belonging to HIDA. Permission to the Website content may be granted in special circumstances on a case-by-case basis. Please direct any request to use content to email@example.com.
Below are selected permitted and prohibited uses of HIDA material that is posted at the Website.
Permitted Uses of Materials
- Anyone who is doing personal, noncommercial research may view, print material, and temporarily store materials from the Website, provided that HIDA's copyright notices are not removed and that the reuse of material does not conflict with any of the prohibited uses below.
- Others may view, print material, and temporarily store materials from the Website for internal use only provided that copying fees are paid to the Copyright Clearance Center for printing of files beyond that permitted by Section 107 or 108 of the U.S. Copyright Act, and that HIDA's copyright notices are not removed and that the reuse of material does not conflict with any of the prohibited uses below.
- A link or links may be made to any document or location at the Website, provided that the link does not bypass any license agreement or lead to any secure areas on this site for which a fee has been assessed.
Prohibited Uses of Materials
- Except for the permitted uses above, User agrees not to reproduce, distribute, transmit (via print, fax, electronic, or other means), modify, alter, or create derivative works of the materials contained in the Website without prior written permission from HIDA.
- User agrees that materials may not be sold to third parties without prior written authorization from HIDA.
- User agrees that materials may not be systematically stored on a server so as to substitute for the purchase of a subscription and/or license agreement to/for the materials.
Name and Logo
User agrees not to use the name of HIDA or its logo for any promotional or commercial purpose or any other purpose without the prior written consent of HIDA.
Prohibited Uses of Website
User agrees not to post any false or inaccurate biographical information, delete or change any information posted by another person, and share User's password with any third-party.
User agrees not to do anything that interferes with the proper working ability of the Website. This includes activity that can overload the Website's infrastructure, use of software or other device other than that which is available from HIDA, tampering with the software that makes up the Website, and destroying or changing information posted by any other person.
User agrees not to post material that is copyrighted without first obtaining proper written consent from the copyright owner.
By submitting any information to HIDA, you represent and warrant that the submission is accurate to your best knowledge, not confidential, and not in violation of any contractual restrictions or other third party rights. HIDA does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of communications posted by users or endorses any opinions expressed by users. User acknowledges that any reliance on material posted by other users will be at your own risk. HIDA is under no obligation to exercise control over any content you or others submit when using the website.
Registration and Password
Termination of Account
Waiver of Liability
HIDA does not screen or censor User-generated content made available on the website. HIDA is NOT LIABLE for any content posted on the website. User assumes all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom User comes in contact through the Website. Should a dispute arise between User and another user, User hereby agrees to release HIDA from all claims, demand, and damages associated with such a dispute.
IN NO EVENT SHALL HIDA OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE WEBSITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE AND THE MATERIAL, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT HIDA IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THE CONTENT THAT IS POSTED ON THE WEBSITE MAY CONTAIN INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. HIDA MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE WEBSITE, THE MATERIAL OR OTHER POSTED CONTENT, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
THE WEBSITE AND MATERIAL ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. HIDA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
HIDA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE WEBSITE AND ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIAL RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, HIDA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
Links to Other Sites
The Website may contain links to third-party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to User and not as an endorsement by HIDA of the third-party or the contents of such third-party websites. Because we do not have any control over such third-party websites, HIDA is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party websites. Linking to third-party websites is performed at User’s own risk.
If User accesses this website from outside the United States, User does so at User's own risk. User agrees to comply with all applicable local rules and laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Website. This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Please see our Privacy Statement for further details concerning the Website’s privacy practices.